DESHBANDHU COLLEGE was established in the year 1952 by the Ministry of Rehabilitation, in the memory of late Sh. Deshbandhu Gupta - a veteran freedom fighter, and member of the Constituent Assembly. The college made a humble beginning with just 72 students and the courses like Prep (arts), Prep (Science) and Pre-medical. The College was transferred to Ministry of Education and later taken over by University of Delhi. Guided by the mantra “Karmanyevadhikaraste” - our motto, the college continues to grow both in size and stature. Presently, the college has over 3500 students, 140 faculty members and 100 non-teaching staff members.