The need for an undergraduate student hostel for young girl students had been a long awaited dream of the student community of Delhi University as well of their parents. With the about to be commenced Under Graduate Hostel for Girls of the Delhi University the wait has come to an end. For the first time in the history of Delhi University, this hostel will cater to the accommodation need of 688 undergraduate girl students of the University of Delhi across various colleges.Spread across a vast campus in the Dhaka Complex of Delhi University, the hostel architecture is aesthetic at the same time practical for comfort of students and fitted with state of the art gadgets. The hostel campus offers a serene and open environment with a great sense of safety and security- a home away from home. With the hostel authorities residing within the campus young girls will be offered the most required guidance too.
Hostel is laid out into 7 blocks with common dinning space cum kitchen. Every block has well lit bed rooms with every room on double occupancy.The hostel in order to promote interaction among its residents provides common space for leisure and sports activities, library for the inquisitive minds and a cafeteria for relaxing with their visitors and friends. There is facility of launderette in the vicinity of the hostel for comfort of students. Parking space is also being provided to students having their own conveyance.
This hostel is established with a view to provide hygienic and nutritious food, safe and comfortable stay and a conducive atmosphere for girl students to carry out their studies in order to build themselves into socially responsible enviable personalities. With the avowed objectives the Under Graduate Hostel for Girls of University of Delhi is going to function.
Provost - Prof. Anita Sharma, Department of East Asian Studies
E-mail Id :- firstname.lastname@example.org ,email@example.com ,
Warden - Dr. Ashima Saikia, University of Delhi
Resident Tutor - Dr. Sneh Lata, University of Delhi
- Chairperson :- Prof. Girishwar Misra, Department of Psychology, University of Delhi.
- Prof. Kusum Aggarwal, Department of Germanic & Romance Studies, University of Delhi
- Prof. Madhu Bhalla, Department of East Asian Studies, University of Delhi
- Prof. (Ms.) Anupam Mahajan, Department of Music, University of Delhi
- Prof. Ramesh Gautam, Department of Hindi, University of Delhi
- Proctor, University of Delhi or his/her nominee
- Dean Students’ Welfare, University of Delhi or his/her nominee
- Provost : Prof. Anita Sharma, Department of East Asian Studies
- Warden : Dr. Ashima Saikia, University of Delhi
- Resident Tutor : Dr. Sneh Lata, University of Delhi
Indoor sports room
Tuck shop cum Canteen